Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May Birchbox and Ipsy

This month's Birchbox and Ipsy subscription boxes are here. Each subscription costs $10 shipped in the US. I share this with my mother so anything she took will be in GREEN. These monthly bag of beauty goodies are a great way to try out new makeup and skincare that you may not have even known about. 

  • Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer- A pretty good moisturizer for using under makeup. It has a clean citrus scent. 
  • W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Bio Extreme Mascara- She hasn't used it yet but it seems like a small sample of an expensive mascara
  • amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo- I am a dry shampoo convert. I have yet to find one I don't like. This one has a nice berry scent. 
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional- I was so excited to see this in the Birchbox. I have always wanted to try this product but the price is kind of steep. Benefit Cosmetics seems to have some great products. The downside to this sample is how small it is. I only used it once and I liked it.
  • Marchelle Clay Mask- What seems like a decent sized sample of a clay mask. 
  • Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer- Truthfully neither my mom or I use bronzers. I am fair and she is darker. Our Native American roots only show up in my high cheek bones. Alas we didn't want this.
  • Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser- Another one that mom picked out. I think she forgets about these as soon as she gets home. Because I can never get her to tell me what she thinks.
  • Alterna Haircare Caviar CC Cream- This looks like an interesting product. A leave in hair treatment that is supposed to be a 10-1 product
  • BellaPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil- a full sized eyeliner that goes on really smooth. The color is a good dark black. I'm liking the gel eyeliners.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil + High Color Lipgloss- I have wanted to try Urban Decay's eyeliners for awhile so I was excited to get this until I realized it was a lip pencil. It is a white pencil that goes on mostly clear and provides a base for lip gloss or lipsticks. This sample also included two blister packs of lip gloss. These are heavily pigmented and go on really well. Not sure how effective the lip pencil really is though.
In all this month was pretty good. Samples from some brands I have been wanting to try. Favorites this month; Birchbox- Benefit POREfessional and Ipsy- BellaPierre Gel Eyeliner. 
I really must start making my mother try the ones she picks out. Maybe next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...