Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April Birchbox and Ipsy



Once again it is Birchbox and Ipsy time. Each subscription box cost $10 a month, shipped. I share these with my mother so any of the products in GREEN are the ones she choose. With Birchbox this month I opted for the "Guest Editor" box because it was Mad Men themed. I choose the California one over the New York box since I have received a few of the samples from the New York box already.

  • Clean Eau de Parfum- This is a bright soapy scented perfume. My mom loves the perfume samples. 
  • LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Honeypot- I will say that this goes on smooth and it is a bit minty. I just do not like the color and that is my own fault because I knew what was going to be in the box before I choose it. I was just hoping it would be a brighter pink. 
  • Cynthia Rowley Beauty Brightening Illuminator- I really have no idea how to use these highlighters. I have gotten a few from these boxes and they are just not for me or my mom.
  • 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment- I really like this. I used it last night before I blow dried my hair and my hair was shiny and smooth afterwards without any fizzing.
  • Not Soap, Radio Body Wash in Bathing with sharks- I didn't get a chance to smell this before my mom took it. Good sized sample and appealing simplistic design. 
Ipsy always comes with a make up bag. See the top photo for this month's "Beautifully Bohemian" bag.
  • Mullein Sparrow Mini Lip and Cheek Tint- A vegan product. I thought this would be a nice deep color...nope. No color at all. I am a pale person so if it had any pigment it would have shown on me.
  • Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion- A very creamy moisturizer. Not bad but it will not be replacing my normal moisturizer.
  • theBalm Cosmetics NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single-  In the shade Flirty. Kind of a fun packaged eye shadow. Decent sized sample for a single color.
  • Starlooks Satin Finish lip gloss- In the color Cuddle. Almost a pearlescent dark peach lip gloss. Not the best sized sample though.
  • JulieG Nail Color- In Damsel. A vivid pink nail polish. I love getting nail polish in these boxes. Even though my mom snatches those pretty fast.
Mom also took the make up bag this month.
I can't choose a winner this month. They both had their hits and misses. My favorite from Birchbox is the 12 Benefits Hair Treatment and from Ipsy it is the nail polish
Do you get these subscriptions? If you get Ipsy did you like this month's Glam Bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...