Friday, April 10, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Magical Items I Would Love To Own

I have been in a blogging drought lately. I blame it on a lack of anything interesting happening and an existential crisis. So I am grateful to The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick for continuing to come up with these 5 Fandom Friday prompts. Otherwise I would probably be writing about my intense hatred of tornadoes instead of something fun like this.
This week's prompt is about the magical items I would love to own.

1. Jareth's Balls
Hehe. Sorry had to do that. When a double entendre presents itself so perfectly it must be acknowledge. Labyrinth has been one of my favorite films since before I can remember. Oh David Bowie, you are perfection in tight pants.

2. Invisibility Cloak
The uses for Harry Potter's invisibility cloak are endless. Bad hair or make up day...poof invisible. Trying to avoid someone...poof you can't see me. Pulling a cruel prank...poof gotcha sucker. The one use that Harry and his companions seemed to forget. Bank Robbery. Watch Misfits on Hulu to see how perfect invisibility works for this. Love that show. The first two seasons are the best.
   
3. Alice's Mirror
I do have a bit of an obsession with all thing Alice. Wouldn't it be amazing to just walk through a mirror and begin an adventure. Of course since there are many variations of Alice and her Wonderland who knows what could happen. You might end up in the fun live action Disney TV series version or you might end up fighting for your life and sanity in the American McGee one. Or something in between. I would gladly risk it for a chance at an adventure.

4. Mary Poppins' Purse
Everyone that has seen Mary Poppins remembers the purse scene. I want a purse like that. Just open it up and anything you could possible need appears. It defies science. I need it. Only I would prefer on that does not look like something found in the bottom of my great grandmother's moth infested closet. It needs a style update. 



5. Ned
Ned's magic so he counts. I still miss Pushing Daisies. If was just a fun, odd and beautifully filmed show. Vibrant and magical. It would be nice to have need around. He bakes and can bring people back from the dead. Perfect. 



4 comments:

  1. Haha I think everyone should have a Ned he's handsome, sweet and bakes the most awesome pies ever xoxo

    ♥ Cateaclysmic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted Mary Poppins's carpet bag!! And fantastic reference to Labyrinth! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ned would be on my list too, he just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...