Friday, April 3, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: 5 Times I Totally Fangirled

Today's 5 Fandom Friday is all about "Fangirling". Once again these fun, weekly prompts are thought up by The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick.
Unfortunately I have not had that many opportunities to truly be a fangirl. Living in the suburbs of Oklahoma is rather boring. No one really wants to come here and I do not blame them in the slightest. Yet there have been a few people and events that allowed my inner fangirl a chance to come out.

1. Meeting Kristin Chenoweth: In 2009 Kristin Chenoweth wrote her autobiography and since she is from Oklahoma she came to Tulsa for a book signing. There were so many people there. Even Ms. Chenoweth was shocked. The bookstore (Oh Borders how I miss you) had to call different bookstores to get more copies of the book. I stood in line fore over 4 hours to meet her. I don't remember what I said to her, something foolish and embarrassing no doubt.

2. The Tulsa Trek Expo: A few years ago my mom won tickets to the Tulsa Trek Expo. We had never been to any convention before. We spent most of the time wandering around wide eyed. So many cosplayers. This was before I knew anything about cosplay. We didn't meet any of the guests since we didn't know how to sign up for that. I did see the actor who played Chewbacca. Also Leonard Nimoy was there that year. We saw him from up in the bleachers.

3. 2010 Muse Resistance Tour: After spending days listening to Z104.5 The Edge nonstop I somehow managed to win tickets to see Muse in Oklahoma City. Not only did I get tickets to the show they also had the winners ride on a bus to OKC "The Resistance Bus". A free ride to OKC and back, yes please. When I got through on the the phone line I really fangirled it up. I was just shocked. I may have squealed a bit.
It was an amazing show. Muse is one of the best live bands ever!

4. Tulsa's Rocky Horror Picture Show: I have been a fan of Rocky Horror for years. In fact, my friend Regan and I have RHPS nicknames for each other. She's RiffRaff and I'm Magenta. In Tulsa for a few years we had an amazing production of Rocky Horror. The actor who played Frank is beyond perfect. He may actually be better than Tim Curry *GASP! I met him after one performance. So pretty. I have a pic of the two of us together, but it is rather too embarrassing to display here. And yeas, I was dressed as Magenta.


5. My Belated Fangirl Moment: I didn't realize until way after the fact that I saw The Walking Dead's Emily Kinney (Beth) live in August: Osage County when it played in Tulsa. I had front row seats in the orchestra pit. I remember her distinctly in this production but it never occurred to me that she was Beth too. It was a great show, too bad the movie version sucked in comparison.  

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you were able to meet Kristen though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so sweet...and a lot shorter than I ever realized : )

      Delete
  2. Ahh Borders. May it r.i.p...

    You and your mom have great luck winning tickets! I am eternally jealous of the Muse show.. They are one of the bands I'd love to see live one day. One day! And you should totally share your photo as Magenta! ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Muse twice, by far one of the best live bands. Way too embarrassed to put that pic of me online ; )

      Delete
  3. LUCKY!!! Kristin Chenoweth is one of my most favorite people EVER!
    If she's in a show, I'll watch it! If she's singing it, I'll listen to it! If she's writing it, I'll read it (I have her autobiography as well!).

    I've yet to see Muse...yet...but I hope I get to one day!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...