Friday, October 3, 2014

I Wanna Be Harry Potter: Butter Beer

It's Friday. Time for my second Halloween post. Wizards and witches are always a good go to for Halloween goodness and the most beloved wizard of all is Harry Potter (or at least someone in the Harry Potter world)
I have read all of the Harry Potter books, seen all of the movies and I want to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter pretty badly.
One of the things about the Harry Potter books that I really like is the details about their wizard world delicacies.
From Honeydukes' assortments of sweets to Hogwarts Halloween Feast, there are so many strange and yummy sounding things to eat in Harry Potter's world.
One of the most well known is Butterbeer.

There are many variations for Butterbeer. Most of which use actual butter. I really could not see making a drink with real butter. I'm sure made correctly they would be decadent. 
Instead I used a variation of one from WizardingWorldPark. They have a lot of different butter beer recipes.  
Ingredients used: Butter Brickle ice cream, cream soda and butterscotch topping.
Mmmmm butterscotch.

When I say "variation" it means I didn't measure anything.
Basically I just put into the blender what looked good for me. 
And is was good.
Not really a float or a shake.  It had a creamy consistency with a butterscotch flavor. 
It may not be true Butterbeer but it was tasty.

And what is Butterbeer without gummi slugs and chocolate frogs. This would be perfect for a Harry Potter themed Halloween party or if you need a little something sweet while binge watching the movies.

Also a giant Happy Birthday to my mom today!

2 comments:

  1. NICE! I'm going to have to try this! But with a group...I'll end up like Mac (from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) with a sweet drink like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...