Friday, October 17, 2014

Characters I Would Love to be for Halloween

This is my first time linking up to The Nerdy Girlie's 5 Fandom Friday but I just could not resist this topic. 
One of my my New Year's Resolutions this upcoming year will be to start cosplaying and go to some conventions. Here are some of the characters I want to try dressing up as in the future


1. Chiana from Farscape- This is a really great sci-fi series and all of the characters are cosplay worthy but Chiana's monochrome coloring and sassy attitude just make her stand out a bit more to me.


2. River Song from Doctor Who- I like all of her outfits except the spacesuit. And the hair OMG, what fun that would be. From the moment River first showed up on Doctor Who I liked her and with each returned I liked her even more. She is the best of Rory and Amy

3. Catwoman the 1960's Julie Newmar version- I grew up watching the Adam West Batman series. Robin was my imaginary friend. Everything about this show makes me happy. And Julie Newmar's Catwoman was the best. Her outfit is fabulous. A literal catsuit with gold claws and belt to match. I really liked the way she had her eyebrows fluffed up to add to the cattiness. 

4. Harley Quinn- Any Harley Quinn outfit would be fun to dress up in but I tend to lend towards the Arkham Asylum version. Its like a naughty nurse goes terribly wrong. Right Puddin'?!

5. American McGee's Alice- I am a big Alice fan, from the books to tv series, movies and video games. If I were to cosplay Alice it would be either one of the various outfits from Madness Returns or maybe the Syfy Channel's miniseries Alice (I really liked her dress)


*As you can tell I used pictures from dvd covers, video games covers etc that I have. I did this because I do not really want to take pictures from online for copyright reasons. I do not know much about copyright laws and blogs*



8 comments:

  1. Great list! I love the Julie Newmar-era Catwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I love the McGee's Alice as a Halloween outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. McGee's Alice would be perfect for Halloween especially with the Vorpal Blade : )

      Delete
  3. I'm loving seeing Catwoman popping up on all these lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It seems to be a toss up between Julie Newmar's and Michelle Pfeiffer's. Both are fabulous

      Delete
  4. Great choices! Especially Alice.. I love anything Alice, too! And I loved that SyFy miniseries.. It would be a cute everyday outfit in my opinion ;)

    -G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great miniseries. I love when re-imaginings get it right like that. Plus the Hatter was so cute.

      Delete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...