Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blogger Confessions

The Nerdy Girlie wrote a fun and interesting blog about her blogger confessions and invited other bloggers to link in with their own confessions.

Here goes mine:

1) I Lack Tech Skills: I am not tech savvy which is why my blog layout looks like a failed xanga. I keep toying with it but it just doesn't seem to work out. I read so many other blogs that have a professional and polished look that makes me rather embarrassed of my own blog.

2) Not a Selfie Girl: I do not have any pictures of myself because I am usually the person taking pictures. I don't take selfies because I feel ridiculous doing so. Some people can take great pictures of themselves. Not me. Which is why my cat Kristy is usually my profile pictures. She's so glamorous. 


3) Look at Me!: I don't really promote my blog. I know I should but other than tweeting I really don't know where to begin.

4) I Don't Know What I'm Doing: Most of them time I am unsure of what I am doing when it comes to blogging. Between the tech side and the social side its a bit like wading into uncertain waters. 

5) Why I Blog: I started blogging in direct result of one of the worst years of my life. It started with the loss of a close family member and it never got better. I started watching a lot of youtube vloggers as a distraction. At first I wanted to vlog but youtube can be a cruel place. That's when I started to write this blog. My goal was force myself out of my head. To use a blog as a means of coming up with projects, discussing the things I love and interacting with a different group of people. In doing so I have joined a female geek blogger group and IGGPPC and met some really great people through social media.

Those are my Blogger Confessions. Whew! Thanks to The Nerdy Girlie for starting coming up with this.  




2 comments:

  1. If you need layout help, I'm sure someone in the FGB group could help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great confessional! I was actually about to write one up myself when I saw you did one too.

    I can relate to all of these. Especially the techy one. I've found some tutorials and done some things but I still feel kind of embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what I'm doing or what any of it means, lol.

    And yay for IGGPPC! I'm so thankful I found that community.

    -Gaby

    ReplyDelete

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...