Friday, September 12, 2014

A Rough Week for Kristy and me

My cat Kristy is 21 years old.
 Aside from a few white hairs she really has not changed physically since she was young. Mentally we have has some problems. I think she has some dementia. She has always been skinny but she eats well and is rather spry.

The week has been a difficult one. It appears my little girl has arthritis. For awhile she has not been steady on her feet but I just thought the newer flooring was too slick for her. Then Sunday she was wobbling around like her back legs were not working. Monday she was dragging herself around. 
The vet was called and he gave us some joint gel.

Today it is Friday and she is walking on all of her legs again. Not as sure footed as I would like but so much better than I thought she could be after the beginning of the week.
She still cannot jump up on anything and for Miss Kris that is the most horrible thing in the world. She has always had this need to be slightly higher than everyone in a room. Lucky for her my futon is so low to the ground she can just step up into it.


Truthfully I am so tired. I am beyond happy that she is getting better but it has been a very long week. Normally Kristy and Julie have their own backroom fitted up for them to stay in most of the time. It was my grandpa's room when he lived here. I had to move them in there when Kristy started using the bathroom in random places throughout the house; laundry baskets, chairs, tables, the middle of the living room floor.

So this entire week I have wanted her close and to make sure she has everything she needs. This meant that she has been in the main house and peeing wherever she pleases. I am constantly following her around cleaning up after her.
And when she is not searching for an inconvenient potty place she has been on me.
She seems to want to sprawl out on me when I am in the most uncomfortable position. I cannot count how many times my legs have gone numb this week. 

Also my precious and spoiled girl is getting all sorts of specialties. Her medicine is given to her on sliced turkey. And since the vet said to give her anything she is willing to eat, I am baking chicken tenders nightly. I cut them up into tiny shredded pieces so she doesn't have too much work to eat.
Whereas pizza rolls are my go to dinner this week.

Kristy has been a major part of my life for so very long. Its a trial sometimes but that's love. I have loved her since the birthday that brought her to me. 
She is one tough girl and together we ill get through this.

2 comments:

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...