Friday, June 20, 2014

TrueBlood: Why I will watch the last season

To be perfectly honest, if this was not the final season of TrueBlood, I doubt I would watch. 

I read some of the books and will admit that the TV series is better, with the exception of the Lilith/Billith storyline. That was just weird and a lot of build up to nothing.
 I like that they didn't kill off Lafayette. Even in the crappiest episode Lafayette is worth watching.
I am so glad that the Quinn character never appeared. No other character in the books annoyed me as much as this one. 
And the actors cast as Pam and Eric are fantastic. Kristin Bauer and Alexander Skarsgard and sexy and talented. 

With that being said, the series has been dragging for a few seasons for me now. It has become more of a task to watch than something of entertainment value. And yet I still watch. It is like I am compelled to see it through because I started it. 

I don't know when or why the show stopped being a must see for me. Game of Thrones in comparison is something I look forward to seeing. Ten episodes is not enough. I care about the characters. Where as in TrueBlood I'm really only interested in a few of the characters, namely Eric, Pam and Lafayette. Okay mainly Eric.

Some shows become events for me. God help anyone who interrupts a new Doctor Who episode. (The last Christmas one left me devastated all Christmas day, people kept asking what was wrong)
These are series that not only entertain but make a connection.

I don't have a connection to TrueBlood. At least not anymore. It doesn't help that I still blame Anna Paquin for messing up Rogue. I know its not her fault, but I wanted the Rogue from the cartoon series I grew up with. All feisty and fun, flirting with Gambit.
I digress.
Yet I will see this through, probably OnDemand so I can fast forward.
I feel an obligation to this show for one last season.

Okay to be perfectly honest, I'm only in it for Alexander Skarsgard
~Eris


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...