Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Wednesday Update

First of all I will have a post this weekend in honor of the TONY AWARDS.
I got inspired by Hedwig and came up with a simple and fun Tony watching menu.
That is something I am looking forward to getting together.
-----------------------------------------------

I have been oddly busy lately trying to make baby quilts.
Two of my cousins are having kids this summer and somehow I was elected to make quilts.
My great aunt Nina was the stereotypical pioneer woman who made all of us kids quilts when we were born.
Now that she is gone and her daughter is at least in her seventies, I guess I'm kind of it.
Thank god for youtube.
No one taught me how to do this so I am basically making it up as I go, I just wish I was not such a perfectionist. I spent over an hour ripping out a seam because it just didn't look right.

So I have put all my cosplay plans on hold for awhile. : ( 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Lootcrate for me this month
This month's Lootcrate theme is: Transform
I was never into transformers and I cannot think of anything else that could fall into this theme that I would be interested in.
I do want to say how great the staff at lootcrate is. I have a one month subscription that renews every month so all I had to do was send a message to cancel 48 before my renewal date and everything was easy.
They also told me how to reactivate my subscription for later.
I will definitely reactivate for future crates
Just not for this one
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
GAMER UPDATE
When not going blind and crippled working on these damn quilts I've been playing Lego Batman 2.
In order to finish a Lego game I have to collect everything: characters, gold brinks, mini kits, etc.
It is taking so much longer than I thought it would but I can't stop now.
I have a mission

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game of Thrones is the most amazing and yet difficult show to watch.
I could not help but wiki the fight between the Mountain and the Viper.
I had to know!
It still did not prepare me enough.

And what the hell Sansa?!? Way to pull a 180.
From perpetual victim to manipulative conspirator in one episode.
Littlefinger was awed.
Let the creepyship begin


-----------------------------------------------------------------
So that kind of sums up everything for now.
Might try and pick up the Literary Friday posts this Friday.

~Eris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...