Sunday, May 25, 2014

Towel Day 2014

(I actually drew this...Inkscape is fun
Its does look a little pervy though, lol, Oh well)
It's Towel Day!
Every year on the 25th of May fans of Douglas Adams and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy grab a towel and celebrate.
I have read the complete unabridged Hitchhiker's series many times.
It is a great, compelling series. The only thing is that every time I finish Mostly Harmless I get paranoid about the number 42.
Try reading the entire series and see how you react the first time "42" pops up in real life.

In honor of Towel Day I made some Marvin, the paranoid android, royal icing transfers.
I cannot draw a circle freehand to save my life so I used some round stickers on a piece of paper and drew Marvin's face on them to get an idea of what I wanted. I taped that down to a cutting board and then taped parchment paper on top.

I adapted a simple royal icing recipe using:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp meringue powder
2 tbsps water

There was not enough water so I used a spray bottle to thin it out.
(I thinned mine out too much but it still worked)
Using a larger tip for the main icing I filled in where the circles were.
Didn't do the best job some of them were misshaped

I let the white dry in front of a fan for a few minutes so that the other colors would not sink in.
The taking a smaller tip I piped the outline of Marvin's eyes.
 Kinda has a ninja look going on

And to finish him up, taking the smallest tip, I filled in the eyes with green. 
Since I had some left over green and black it seemed only appropriate to add "Don't Panic"

--------------------------------------------
"In an infinite Universe anything can happen, even survival. Strange but true"
-Douglas Adams
Restaurant and the End of the Universe
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Grab your towels and venture forth
Happy Towel Day!!!
~Eris



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...