Sunday, April 6, 2014

Reaction Post: GoT Season 4 Premiere

Game of Thrones is back.
Spoilers ahead
---------------------------------------------
The season 4 premiere wasn't earth-shattering or shocking and to be honest I really didn't expect or want it to be. There are so many characters and plots going on at the same time that, in order to bring the viewers back into the realm of the series, the premiere episode needs to essentially play catch-up. 
That is exactly what this episode did. With the exceptions of Bran, Theon and Stannis Baratheon all the main characters and story lines were addressed.
 I am not going to go into a full detailed account of the episode, but I will mention the parts that I enjoyed or that stood out.


The pre-opening with Tywin melting down the the Stark's blade "Ice" and then burning the pelt of Robb's direwolf Grey Wind seemed like a ceremonial casting away of dead defeated foes.
(Little does he know the most bad-ass Stark has just begun.)

I enjoy the odd relationship between Brienne and Jaime. She makes him better. I actually almost like him when he is around her.

Joffrey is still a douche.

Sansa and Tyrion have some real domestic problems. Tyrion is really trying to help and be kind but having your parents and brother murdered by your in-laws is not something that can easily be overcome.
I like Tyrion, he is one of my favorite characters in the series. I just wish things did not always turn out so bad for him and the few good people he cares about.

And finally Arya. ARYA!!!
She is amazing. Out of all the characters I think she has the most potential. She has seen and experience so much, but instead of letting it overwhelm her and destroy her, she has chosen to survive and get revenge along the way.
The way she kills the man that killed her friend was perfect. She would not finish him off until he knew why he was to die. 
Plus the calm and cold way in which she repeated every word he said to Lommy back to him was chilling.

I'm rooting for Arya to win it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Foodie- Eton Mess

Since life is strange right now, I have nothing relevant to post right now... so instead a re-post/edit of one of my favorite desserts ...